Cartoons are forms of two-dimensional illustrated visual arts. The specific definition of cartoon has really changed over time, but modern cartoons are semi-realistic or non-realistic images or drawings intended for humor, caricature or satire. Here, ideas and opinions of the cartoonists are conveyed to the r eaders. Each cartoon has several language and visual features that aid in communicating and creating the overall impression.- Cartoon
People think that moving animations are actual moves because we only see the end product of cartoons. To make it seem that there is movement, a series of still images are presented at a fast rate. Making cartoons doesn't require a lot of cash, but it needs patience, dedication and creativity because its a massive job. Anyone could learn how to analyze animation and create animated cartoons by using on-line resources. The process begins with coming up with an idea of what you want.
Cartoons are made using basic process which combines various images together. Cartoonists may also apply various tricks to ensure they create their cartoons within the shortest time possible. The following are basic steps for making cartoons.
- Stable background: Every cartoon frame is shot with a single picture placed at the background that avoids the process of redrawing it. Backgrounds are literally giant sized comic strips that they add as the story advances.
- Drawing and voices: Voices of the characters are recorded and transferred into magnetic film for synchronization between the drawing and the picture.
- Stable body parts: In order to redraw the characters' moving parts only, they are used.
- Repeating backgrounds: In cases when the character is running long distance, they are used. They loop to return to the beginning once the character reaches one end of the backdrop.
- Cells: They are used to create images with both moving and stable portions. In order to make the final frame layered and that each frame has only one redrawn layer , they are transparent.
- Film-in technology: Computers are used to fill in solid colors in portions of the cartoon.
The cartoonists use different features to make their drawing attractive and communicate their ideas and opinions. The features include;
- Colors: They are usually associated with feelings and ideas.
- Stereotypes: Stereotyping involves the use of incomplete or false information to make superficial and quick images of a given group of people. Usually, it is seen undesirable because its based on people's over-simplistic and limited view. National groups, ethnic groups, occupations, teenagers, older people, boys, girls, women and men have general stereotypes.
- Caricatures: They are visual representation of an individual or group to exaggerate or over-emphasize deliberately on various distinctive physical traits. They are meant to be humorous and make fun of a group.
- Symbols: Symbols such as objects, animals, logos and signs are used to show feelings and ideas about atmosphere, mood, places and people.
Now, you could use the internet and search for an animation software you could use to make your very own cartoons. A computer with internet access is essential. Look for different animation programs such as Pencil that enables you to make cartoon using both bitmap and vector graphics. Camera view, sound layer, vector drawing and bitmap drawing in addition to animating, importing and basic drawing tools are also included. - Cartoon